2. The greatest cultural injustice of the 80's was that David Bowie and Annie Lennox did not mate. Their ubsersexyatomkinder would have been bigger than AOL/TimeWarner, and at least they would have put some ring-a-ding into the typical cradle-to-grave-thought-management business.
3. Was in McDonalds today to get a Lilo and Stitch Happy Meal. It's been more than a year since I went to the Golden Arches; they've since installed televisions that are tuned exclusively to MSNBC. Maybe that makes it McMSNBC.
4. There's a radio station we get in Issaquah that does this going-home music selection called Desert Island Discs -- people send in the names of the three CDs that they would take with them if they were to be marooned on a desert island, and the station plays one song of their choice off of each of them. The one day this month that I went home at a reasonable hour I caught my own selection:
- U2's The joshua tree: In God's country.
- Paul Simon's Graceland: The boy in the bubble.
- The Stranglers' The hit men: Skin deep.
5. When the local AM news radio station isn't transmitting Headline News, it's broadcasting Voices of Tonga.